Congratulations, you and your significant other decided it's time for you to get pregnant! You're looking forward to the moment when you come home from the doctor's with a smile on your face knowing that your little one is arriving in less than nine months. Now that you know you want to have a baby, it's time to figure out how to get pregnant. Rest easy with the knowledge that plenty of natural ways are available for you and your significant other to try out.
- Gear yourselves up to have sex often; at least three times per week. Your goal is to make love to the point that you give you and your significant other the chance to conceive but not frequently enough that you see a reduction in his sperm count.
- Avoid lube because it can kill off the sperm before it reaches a woman's uterus, according to an article written by Alisa Ikeda titled “10 Tips for Conceiving,” for the website pregnancyandbaby.com.
- Sleep for your recommended seven to eight hours to enjoy the maximum chance of getting pregnant. Having enough sleep keeps the hormone leptin at the recommended amounts for you to become pregnant.
- Refrain from consuming more than 200 mg of coffee per day, which equals out to two cups. Remember that caffeine comes from other sources such as tea and soda; check the labels to make sure you're drinking below the recommended amount.
- Stop smoking well before you plan to get pregnant because engaging in the health destructive activity causes problems with the cervical mucus, which can reduce the chances of one of your eggs becoming fertilized.
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables and other healthy foods because you want to ingest enough antioxidants and vitamins to keep your body at its optimum health level.
- Know your window of opportunity for getting pregnant, which is three days before you ovulate and up to 24 hours afterward.
- Keep away from harmful chemicals found in some household cleaners. Stick to natural cleaners such as a mix of baking soda and water.
- Talk to your man about what happens when he wears clothes that are too tight while you're working towards getting pregnant. The reason for this is that he can experience a reduction in the production of sperm if his testicles become overheated.
- Relax and enjoy the love-making part of trying to get pregnant because, years down the road, you'll want to look back fondly on the day when your baby was conceived.
Follow one or all of these tips on how to get pregnant and you'll soon find yourself planning the details of your baby shower.